Smallpdf is a web-based PDF application made by a small company based in Switzerland. From their website to the application itself, the company’s philosophy is clear: they are focused on user experience. When it comes to functionalities, this PDF application is not in the same league as the standard line of desktop based programs – it’s quite limited in what it can do. However, it is an extremely easy-to-use application that does a few things very well.
Smallpdf is focused on performing a limited number of PDF related tasks with as little headache as possible. It can split, merge, rotate and convert documents, and it also features some limited security functions such as electronic document signing and password protection.Visit site
• Very easy to use – Smallpdf’s focus on providing a great user experience makes it one of the easiest and most straight forward PDF manipulation applications out there.
• Web-based – there’s no desktop program to download or install and no registration process with Smallpdf. Everything is done online through your browser. Smallpdf also offers Chrome extension tools for download on the Google Play Store.
• Free application – the basic versions of Smallpdf tools are freely available, ad-free and they do not sell any information to third parties as far as we know.
• Good PDF compression – Smallpdf offers a PDF compression tool which works extremely well and is very handy for attaching PDFs to emails. The document quality is retained in the compression, which is impressive. You can also de-compress document if you need to.
• Limited functionality – Smallpdf is designed to be a lightweight, user-friendly application that is good at doing a few things and that’s about it. For a simple, free application, there’s not much to complain about, but the limited number of functions that it can perform might not suit some users.
The standard free version of Smallpdf basically allows you to do three main types of things:
All of these things are very easily accomplished from the web-based application. Smallpdf can convert from PDF to all Microsoft Office file formats (and vice versa), including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. The conversion process is quick and easy – just drag and drop your files into the app and away you go.
Merging and splitting documents is a popular function of PDF applications, and Smallpdf allows you to accomplish this with ease. You can merge, split, and rotate documents, again with the same emphasis on user experience you’d expect from this application.
Smallpdf also offers some limited security features such as protecting and un-protecting documents with passwords, and a current beta version of electronic signature.
While it’s a free application, there are no real catches to be found here – you can convert an unlimited amount of files, you don’t have to give them your email address or invite your friends to join, and so on.
That being said, the basic version of the application doesn’t store your files or allow you access to your recent documents. That’s good for security purposes but it’s limiting for people who are working with a lot of documents on a regular basis.
Beyond the free basic version, you can sign up for a subscription to two advanced plans, namely the Pro and Business plans, from their website. The Pro plan expands the application’s functionality with higher level encryption, access to your recent files, and improved workflow. The Business version expands that to include shared billing and multi-user management.
Smallpdf is a remarkable product. Not only is it clean, easy-to-use and hassle-free, it accomplishes its albeit limited functions quickly and reliably. There are no bugs to speak of, and the company’s commitment to providing a great user experience shines through in every aspect of the application.
The lack of pressure or tricks to take your money is refreshing for a free program, as is the range of features. While you can only do certain things with Smallpdf, its design never makes you feel limited. Smallpdf’s consistently stellar reviews across the Web only serve to support that feeling.Visit site